AMD (NYSE:AMD) publishes 2012/2013 Corporate Responsibility Report
20th June, 2013
AMD is pleased to present its 18th consecutive annual corporate responsibility report. Information is available in several formats to engage the broadest possible audience:
- A detailed report covering all aspects of AMD’s corporate responsibility programs.
- A brief summary of AMD’s programs and recent progress available as a downloadable PDF or tablet application for iPad and Android.
- A refreshed website at www.amd.com/corporateresponsibility.
The tablet app contains additional content in the form of videos, interactive graphics and links to AMD’s web pages.
Report highlights include:
- AMD's detailed report was again verified by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) as fulfilling the requirements of Application Level A.
- Rory Read, AMD President and CEO shares his views on the continued importance of corporate responsibility to company culture and business.
- AMD was added to Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s top 100 Best Corporate Citizens, and the AMD Foundation was named 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate for innovative STEM education for the second consecutive year.
- AMD’s signature education program, AMD Changing the Game, has now reached more than 200,000 students worldwide. The goal for this program is to reach one million students by 2020.
- All current environmental goals are on track or ahead of target. Two new environmental goals were announced: 10 percent project-based reductions of greenhouse gas emissions and water use (2012-2017).
- AMD cloud technology innovations are being used to help address some of the world’s challenges, from making datacenters more efficient and sustainable to advancing health care technologies. Examples are showcased.
- AMD’s internal global cloud network demonstrates their commitment to data center efficiency. It is one of the world’s largest private clouds for engineering design world and supported by a LEED-certified data center near Atlanta, Georgia.
Please contact AMD with your comments and input on improving their corporate responsibility programs and reporting going forward.
Tweet this or follow AMD on Twitter
Warning: require_once(counter/results/hit.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/ra/55071.php on line 25
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'counter/results/hit.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/ra/55071.php on line 25